Monday, September 28, 2009

Please Don't Hate on CW

A few nights ago, I was settling in to watch "America’s Next Top Model" when I heard a familiar track blasting through my television set during a commercial. Metric’s latest single “Help I’m Alive” was playing during a 30-second spot for the new CW show "Vampire Diaries."

I haven’t been able to get enough of Metric’s newest album Fantasies, and if 15-year-olds were paying attention to the commercial (which, I would venture to guess they were considering their fervent love for all things vampire), I think it’s safe to say that Metric might experience a major boost in radio play, downloads and illegal use in fan videos on YouTube.

I just want to admit right now that almost every single show on CW is a guilty pleasure of mine. I mean come ON! The plot lines are addictive, everyone is attractive and they use such good music.

Last night on "90210," a band by the name of Honeythieves was featured somewhat prominently. The song, “Reminder,” was actually an RAC remix and let me just say, it sounded good and totally catchy. After a search on HypeM with zero results, it seems that Honeythieves is still under the radar. So for all you hipsters out there, get it while it’s still completely uncooked and not at all hot.

On top of Honeythieves, during my "90210" sessions I’ve ear-spied “Rome” by Phoenix, “New In Town” by Little Boots, and “L.E.S Artistes” by Santigold. In other words, they know what’s what on the set of "90210."

No comments:

Post a Comment