Wednesday, September 30, 2009

So much Kristen Stewart it's not even funny...

Lately, I’ve been noticing a major revival of Joan Jett. Don’t get me wrong, Jett is a bitchin’ woman and her music is great, but it’s surprising the amount of playtime she’s been getting. “Do You Want To Touch Me (Oh Yeah)” appeared in the season premiere of "The Beautiful Life”; “Cherry Bomb” can be found in the trailer for "Jennifer’s Body" and let’s not forget the new biopic devoted solely to her: "The Runaways," starring the ever-boring Kristen Stewart.

And now, a real reason for indie kids to be so apathetic...

I’ve saved the best (or maybe it’s worst depending on how you look at it) for last.

The track list for the "New Moon" soundtrack has been released. It manages to be mind-blowing in both a good and bad way. Good, because the songs and artists are good. Bad, because the fact that these bands are now associated with the Twilight series is just gross-tacular.

Hipsters, I warn you now, shield your eyes. The effect of this news will destroy like the sun destroys vampires.

Death Cab for Cutie, Thom Yorke (yeah, the Thom Yorke,) Bon Iver, St. Vincent, Muse, Sea Wolf, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Grizzly Bear and Editors will all be featured on the soundtrack. In fact, Death Cab for Cutie wrote a song titled “Meet Me On The Equinox” specifically for "New Moon." I have to say, that title is laughably melodramatic (even for them).

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a sucker for sexy vampires (ha, get it? Sucker?) and of course I love cool indie music, but I don’t know if I can handle seeing Twi-hards at St. Vincent or Black Rebel Motorcycle Club concerts. In fact, if this happens, I will find myself a vampire, demand to be turned and then feed on them.

It won’t be nearly as cool as Stephenie Meyer makes it out to be. But it will be extremely satisfying for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment