Thursday, January 28, 2010

Electr(on)ic avenue

You know what I like? Electronic music that I can dance to without feeling like I should've taken a club drug before listening to it. Of course, the staples are The Faint, Hot Chip and LCD Soundsystem, but why not something new? Something fresh and sexy?

I give to you
Alex Metric - no relation to the band Metric, I assure you - an electronic remixer/solo artist with some sick beats that will make you want to bust out the glow necklaces and bodypaint.

His song "
Head Straight" was recently featured on the new ABC show "The Deep End." Speaking of the show, let me take a moment to sing my praises. It's cute, everyone is super hot, Billy Zane stars in it, and the writing is undoubtedly outshining Shonda Rimes's writing over at "Grey's Anatomy." If you decide to go looking for some of Alex's stuff, you'll be hard-pressed to find many original songs. What you will find, however, are remixes of songs by artists like Phoenix, Ladyhawke, Beastie Boys and Bloc Party. And you know what? They're delicious.

So, if you're throwing a party and you're just not digging the idea of playing "
Birthday Sex" or "Good Girls Go Bad," slap these on (as if they're vinyl or something. Ha!) and your friends will think you're a party music god/goddess. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment