Sunday, May 2, 2010

Always with the lady singers

You guys, it's officially May. Which means that it's time for sweeps. Which means that a whole bunch of shows are down to their last handful of episodes. And for some, there are no more episodes until next season.

What I'm trying to say is that my recommendations for television and music alike might be a bit more sparse than you've grown accustomed to. Which means that the spam I receive in Chinese on an almost weekly basis... well, it will just have to go somewhere else.

Here's a quick blurb on someone I like: Correatown. Correatown is Angela Correa and she is a beautiful songstress (is that real word? I don't know, but I'm still using it!). Her song "All the World (I Tell Myself)" was featured on "Grey's Anatomy" seasons and seasons ago as well as on the "Ugly Betty" series finale.

"Sunset & Echo" was featured on this week's episode of "Grey's Anatomy" which was (finally) new. Her songs make me want to float on a cloud and wave my arms around in slo-motion while a camera slowly zooms in on my face. Did that make sense? Probably not.

Angela's voice is an interesting (but good!) mixture of old 1930's jazz, folksy drawls and feminine vocals that any emotional girl would want to sing along with. Go now and be swift!

No comments:

Post a Comment