Wednesday, May 5, 2010

No cold feelings here (ah, puns!)

So, I'm watching "Gossip Girl" the other night and I'm thinking, "When is someone going to get murdered a la 'Law and Order?' And can it please be Serena Van Der Woodsen?" because - let's be honest - she is extremely annoying. But then, while I was imagining taking her out (and I don't mean on a date), and then stealing her wardrobe, "Audience" by Cold War Kids started playing!

Then I got to thinking. Cold War Kids is relatively popular, but they just don't get enough love in my humble opinion. And I'm a lover, not a fighter (yes, I realize the contradiction in that statement based on the previous paragraph) I want to spread the love and the joy and talk a bit about Cold War Kids.

They're super cool: four guys from Long Beach, California making sexy, spicy indie rock for all to enjoy. If you want scrumptious bass lines, "Hang Me Up To Dry" will get the job done. You want to sing along -- or should I say howl along? "Something Is Not Right With Me" is ideal. And "Hospital Beds" has all the ups and downs you could want in a song.

Note: Florence + the Machine covered "Hospital Beds," and it's magnificent.

For once, I'm not here writing about female singers. Well, I almost got through a post without talking about one. I'm talking about something that's masculine and has more of a rock edge. It might not satiate someone who only listens to Pantera and Slayer, but it might do the trick for those that can't get into the boring drones of Beach House, Radiohead (I've said it before and I'll say it again) or Grizzly Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment