Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Let's start dancing and never stop

It's Friday and Dance or Die is tonight (speaking of that, check out the Scene and Heard blog I'll be writing for it!) so you know all I want to do is shake my ass and get ready to work it out on the dance floor. In honor of that, I bring to you some sexy, groovy music that will inspire you to bust a move.

I could never get down with Passion Pit for some reason. Perhaps it was Michael Angelakos' over the top vocals that I just couldn't handle. Or maybe I just consider myself to be holier-than-thou, as has been pointed out to me. Who knows. Either way, Empire of the Sun makes for a great replacement or addition to electronic dance music!

Empire of the Sun (I'm guessing they're named after the film?) hails from Australia and is made up of Luke Steele of The Sleepy Jackson and Nick Littlemore of Pnau. Their song "Walking on a Dream" was recently featured in the trailer for Accidents Happen.




So, will you like Empire of the Sun? Let's see... do you enjoy any form of dancing? This can be swaying, grinding, shimmying or hopping around. Do you enjoy groovy tunes? Are you into both ABBA and MGMT, and you wish there was some way that you could enjoy both at the same time?

If yes to any of the above, I suggest you click on a link or listen to their album Walking on a Dream. It's conveniently embedded directly below for your listening pleasure!


No comments:

Post a Comment